Conversion Optimization Round-up – January 2022
Gone are the days of the generic site- you need to stand out. Before we begin, ask yourself, what makes my website stand out from my competitors? If you don’t have a clear answer to this question, maybe, it’s time to take action.
Our goal is to help you generate more revenue, gain more conversions, and stand out from the pack. We do this using tried and tested conversion techniques.
This month is no different. Today, you will learn from Crazy Egg about 15 high-converting lead magnet examples and design ideas. The ever-popular Guess the Test asks us what homepage design decreases bounce rates. Unbounce helps us learn from our mistakes from 2021 and use them to improve in 2022, and finally, Marketing Examined shares with us 9 copywriting tips to improve your conversions.
Let’s dive in.
15 High-Converting Lead Magnet Examples and Design Ideas
Before we continue, let’s answer what a lead magnet is and why you need to use them. A lead magnet is a marketing term for a free item or service that you give away to gather your contacts information.
When you produce a high-converting lead magnet, it’s extremely hard for your target audience to say no. The more you test and hone in on what works, the more you will generate highly qualified leads. That’s the goal, right?
Here are a few of the top converting lead magnets for you to try.
- The E-book. This lead magnet is one of the more successful lead magnets you can use.
- Mini-Courses. This online education industry is a $275 billion industry- not to be missed. Even weekly emails with a video link will get you the conversions you need.
- Checklists. These simple lists are a tried and tested way to produce a high converting lead magnet.
- In 2022 Podcasts are HUGE! Podcast listeners have grown by 29.5% in 3 years.
- Calculators. Calculators require a bit of coding, but the benefits are massive. VWO created a simple calculator that allows visitors to determine whether their A/B tests have achieved statistical significance.
Here’s an example:
These are just a few of the fantastic ideas coming from Crazy Egg this month – don’t miss out on this great article.
The Biggest Marketing Lessons of 2021 (And How to Use Em’ in 2022)
Unbounce has done it again, offering us gold in an article. This not-to-be-missed article offers you insight into where you might have gone wrong in 2021 and help you use that to push ahead in 2022.
According to Twilio, COVID-19 accelerated companies’ digital communications strategies by six years. This means heaps of new competition and in turn, means the need to stand out is at an all-time high.
So, what is one of the biggest mistakes of 2021 that you might be guilty of? Not using AI. According to researchers, the use of AI soared between 2018 and 2020, jumping from 29% to a staggering 84%. If you’re not using it, your competitors are.
Netflix’s use of AI is a great example to mention. In 2017 Netflix saved $1 billion in revenue to their competitors by using AI to personalize recommendations for its users. Helping them remain leaders in this industry year after year.
This article list 6 other lessons for us to learn from. Always a great read from Unbounce.
What Homepage Re-Design Decreases Bounce Rate?
Bounce Rate is defined as the percentage of visitors who view your site and then leave rather than continuing to other pages within the same site.
Guess the Test asks us what re-design decreases bounce rates?
- Version A – Homepage design with a series of product categories
- Version B – Homepage design with a dropdown menu selector
What option do you think decreases the bounce rate by 7%? Yup, you are right- version B has users more inclined to use the dropdown menu selector and continue onto the next page.
In an attempt to create a clear and prominent Call To Action (CTA), the re-designed version stripped away all potentially distracting elements and displayed only the dropdown menu selector.
Just another example of why it’s imperative to always be testing.
9 Copywriting Tips to Improve Your Conversion Rate
The Marketing Examined explores 9 great tips to improve your conversions. Taken from the head honcho Amazon, these tips will help you stand out, and remember that is what 2022 is all about- standing out above the rest.
Here are a few of the great tips brought to you by Marketing Examined.
- Eliminate weasel words -such as half, most, a small percentage. Instead, use statistics.
- Avoid adverbs in your writing – they are for lazy writers. You are showcasing your product- be BOLD, be CONFIDENT.
- Be objective. Subjective writing lacks in facts and data. Want to stand out? Write knowledgeable sentences.
Overall keep it simple and precise. In today’s busy world, we don’t have time for fluff.
Standing out from your competitors is what 2022 is all about. What steps are you going to take this month to improve conversions? Let us know- we would love to hear from you.
Those who are not growing will get left in the dust- don’t let that be you.
Until next month.
Are you interested in a free conversion optimization audit?
Submit your site and let us send you a list of custom optimizations just for you!
Claim your Free Audit Here.